If you’re a licensed electrician or electrical contractor working in Australia, you’ll know how important it is to not only complete your jobs to a high standard, but to keep on top of your filing—especially in terms of those all-important certificates of electrical compliance.
Fortunately, QuickSafety offers a solution here. To gain a better understanding of what our app offers, let’s take a closer look and learn more about its features that will help you do your job better, faster.
Why Electricians and Contractors Need a Convenient, Paperless Filing System
The filing of certificates of electrical compliance is an essential part of the signing off process for electrical work across Australia. However, it’s easy for this critical step to be overlooked when we’re busy working across multiple jobs. Remember that these certificates ensure that the work done is up to current safety standards, which means they shouldn’t be ignored.
So what’s the problem with lost compliance paperwork or failure to comply with Australian safety regulations? Well, it’s illegal, and it can cost electricians up to $550,000.
It’s not just electricians and electrical contractors who are affected. Professional tradesmen working across the construction and mining industries can be affected, too. With all these filing regulations comes another problem—keeping your paperwork organised and secure. Electricians are required by law to hold onto compliance certificates for at least five years (or seven in New Zealand), and failure to do so can result in additional penalties.
This is why it’s so important to have a paperless, convenient system through which to keep track of all your compliance certificates and the work you’ve undertaken.
How QuickSafety Can Help
The QuickSafety app is developed with electricians and electrical contractors and the problems they’re facing in mind, especially those related to compliance filing.
Using complex filing tools and working across multiple platforms costs businesses time and money. Our app lets you log and complete jobs with just a few clicks, helping you move from one task to the next seamlessly and efficiently.
The QuickSafety App: Key Features
The QuickSafety app boasts many impressive advantages over traditional filing and job management tools. QuickSafety will not only help ensure you file your compliance certificates on time but will also make your job easier in other aspects.
- No training required: QuickSafety integrates with your existing business management systems so you don’t need to spend more time installing new software or training your team to use a new system.
- Syncs across devices: QuickSafety syncs automatically across devices, bringing you up-to-date information and data. This eliminates the need to spend time and energy in manual info gathering across your team.
- 24/7 access: Access your certificates remotely and at any time of day. Instantly update jobs so that your team can see the most recent and most precise information available.
- Inspections and testing: QuickSafety enables users to input test results and the app validates these results to current standards to ensure that the work done is safe and compliant to the standards.
- Instant lodging and paperless management: Lodge your certificates instantly. You also won’t have to deal with loads of paperwork, so you can keep your workspace free from clutter, which has a host of benefits.
- Pre-plan jobs: Schedule jobs in advance so you know exactly what you need, where you’re going to be, and when you’re going to be there. Upload your certificates in real-time to ensure there are no potentially risky delays. As with any job, proper planning results in more efficiency, preparedness, and faster completion of work.
Me and my team created QuickSafety to help you do your job easier, faster and safer, especially when it comes to compliance. We know the value of efficiency, proper time management, and making sure that the job meets the proper standards—things that our app will help you achieve. Not only does QuickSafety remove the hassle of manually filing certificates of compliance, it will also helps you manage your and your team’s tasks better, resulting in more efficiency and productivity.
If you want to know more about how we can help, please don’t hesitate to contact us.